If you’re looking for a way to add some excitement and competition to your next party or social gathering, Fingers is a high-stakes drinking game for groups. This game involves quick reflexes and a bit of luck, as players attempt to avoid getting their fingers slammed by their opponents.
In this article, we’ll show you how to play the game, the rules, setup, and tips for a great time.
How to Play
The rules of Fingers are simple. Here’s how to play:
1. The game is typically played with a group of four or more people.
2. Each player puts their hands on the table, with their fingers spread apart.
3. One player starts by calling out a number between one and ten.
4. All players quickly respond by simultaneously holding up any number of fingers they choose.
5. The player who called out the number then counts the total number of fingers that are held up.
6. If the total number of fingers is equal to the number called out, the player who called out the number can choose one of the other players to drink.
7. If the total number of fingers is not equal to the number called out, the player who called out the number must drink.
Rules of Fingers
To ensure that the game is played safely and responsibly, here are some rules to follow:
1. Players must be of legal drinking age.
2. Drink responsibly and do not exceed your limits.
3. No physical contact is allowed while playing the game, except for tapping the table with the hand to indicate a number.
4. If a player puts up the wrong number of fingers or hesitates, they must drink.
5. Do not pressure or force anyone to drink.
Tips for Making the Most of Fingers
Here are some tips for maximizing your enjoyment of the game:
1. Use a beer with a low alcohol content to avoid getting too drunk too quickly.
2. Play in a quiet room to avoid distractions and increase focus.
3. Use a table that is sturdy and stable to avoid spills and injuries.
4. Play with an odd number of players to avoid ties.
5. Assign a designated driver or arrange for alternative transportation if necessary.
Can Fingers be played with more than four players?
Yes, Fingers can be played with any number of players, as long as there is enough space at the table for everyone to participate.
Can the same number be called out twice in a row?
Yes, the same number can be called out multiple times in a row.
Can a player change the number of fingers they put up after seeing what the other players have done?
No, players must hold up their fingers simultaneously, without changing them once they have been held up.
Fingers is a high-stakes drinking game for groups that can add excitement and competition to any party or social gathering. By following the rules and tips outlined in this article, you’re sure to have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Remember to drink responsibly, take breaks as needed, and most importantly, have fun! With its simple setup and easy-to-follow rules, “Fingers” is a great game to play with friends and family.