If you’re looking for a way to make your next party or gathering more exciting, Chandelier is the perfect group drinking game. This fast-paced game involves bouncing ping pong balls into a large grid of cups, with each cup representing a different drinking rule.
In this article, we’ll show you how to play the game, the rules, setup, and tips for a memorable experience.
How to Play Chandelier
The rules of Chandelier are simple. Here’s how to play:
1. The game is typically played with a group of three or more people.
2. Set up a large grid of cups on a table, with each cup representing a different drinking rule.
3. The center cup is the Chandelier cup and is filled with a strong alcoholic drink.
4. Each player has their own cup filled with beer or another alcoholic beverage.
5. Players take turns bouncing a ping pong ball into the cups.
6. If the ball lands in a cup, the player must drink the contents of that cup and follow the corresponding rule.
7. If the ball lands in the Chandelier cup, the player must finish their drink and remove one of the corner cups from the grid.
8. Once all of the corner cups are removed, the Chandelier cup becomes the center cup, and the game continues until all cups have been removed from the grid.
Rules of Chandelier
To ensure that the game is played safely and responsibly, here are some rules to follow:
1. Players must be of legal drinking age.
2. Drink responsibly and do not exceed your limits.
3. No physical contact is allowed while playing the game.
4. If a cup is knocked over, it must be refilled and placed back in the grid.
5. Do not pressure or force anyone to drink.
Each cup in the grid represents a different drinking rule. Here are some common rules:
Waterfall: The player who landed in this cup starts drinking, and everyone else must start drinking at the same time. Players cannot stop drinking until the person to their right stops.
Rule Master: The player who landed in this cup can create a rule that everyone must follow for the rest of the game.
Make a Rule: The player who landed in this cup can create a rule that everyone must follow for the rest of the game.
Thumb Master: The player who landed in this cup can put their thumb on the table at any time, and the last person to notice and put their thumb on the table must drink.
Categories: The player who landed in this cup chooses a category (e.g., types of fruit), and players take turns naming items in that category. The first player who cannot name an item must drink.
Never Have I Ever: The player who landed in this cup says “Never have I ever…” and finishes the sentence with something they’ve never done. Players who have done that thing must drink.
Rhyme: The player who landed in this cup says a word, and players take turns saying words that rhyme with it. The first player who can’t think of a word must drink.
Tips for Making the Most of Chandelier
Here are some tips for maximizing your enjoyment of the game:
1. Use a variety of alcoholic drinks to add variety to the game.
2. Make sure the table is stable and sturdy to avoid spills.
3. Have backup ping pong balls on hand in case some get lost.
4. Assign a designated driver or arrange for alternative transportation if necessary.
5. Prepare the grid of cups and the drinks ahead of time to avoid interruptions during the game.
Can Chandelier be played with more than four players?
Yes, Chandelier can be played with any number of players, as long as there is enough space and cups for everyone.
What happens if a player lands the ball in an empty cup?
If the ball lands in an empty cup, the player gets another chance to bounce the ball.
Is there a time limit for bouncing the ball?
No, there is no time limit. Players can take as much time as they need to aim and bounce the ball.
Chandelier is a fun and exciting drinking game for groups that can add energy to any party or social gathering. By following the rules and tips outlined in this article, you’re sure to have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Remember to drink responsibly, take breaks as needed, and most importantly, have fun!