Dice games have been enjoyed for centuries, and one of the most popular ones is 7-11-Doubles. Also known as “Cee-lo,” 7-11-Doubles is a simple yet engaging game that can be played by people of all ages.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the rules of 7-11-Doubles and explore some strategies to help you win.
What is 7-11-Doubles?
7-11-Doubles is a dice game that can be played with two or more players. The goal of the game is to be the last player standing by rolling certain combinations of dice.
The game is played in rounds, and the first player to win a predetermined number of rounds (usually three) wins the game.
Setting up the Game
Before you can start playing 7-11-Doubles, you’ll need to set up the game. Each player will need three dice, and you’ll also need a score sheet to keep track of everyone’s wins.
To start the game, each player rolls one die. The player with the highest number goes first.
How to Play 7-11-Doubles
During each round, players take turns rolling their three dice. They then try to roll specific combinations of dice to win the round. The possible combinations are:
7: any combination of dice showing a total of seven
11: any combination of dice showing a total of eleven
Doubles: any combination of dice showing the same number
If a player rolls a combination of 7, 11, or Doubles, they win the round and get a point. If they don’t roll any of these combinations, their turn is over, and the next player takes their turn.
The game continues until one player has won the predetermined number of rounds.
Strategies for Winning
To win at 7-11-Doubles, you’ll need a combination of luck and strategy. Here are a few tips to help you improve your chances of winning:
1. Focus on rolling Doubles. They’re the easiest combination to roll and can win you a round quickly.
2. If you don’t roll Doubles, focus on rolling a 7 or 11. These are the next easiest combinations to roll.
3. If you’re behind in rounds, take risks and go for the more difficult combinations. If you’re ahead, play it safe and focus on the easier combinations.
4. Don’t be afraid to bluff. If you don’t roll a winning combination, you can still try to convince your opponents that you did.
5. Pay attention to your opponents’ rolls. If they’re consistently rolling a certain combination, you can try to block them by rolling the same combination.
1. Can 7-11-Doubles be played with more than three dice?
No, 7-11-Doubles is traditionally played with three dice. However, some variations of the game may use more or fewer dice.
2. Is there a penalty for rolling a combination out of turn?
No, there is no penalty for rolling a combination out of turn. However, players must wait their turn to roll the dice.
3. Can 7-11-Doubles be played online?
Yes, there are many online versions of 7-11-Doubles available for play. However, some people prefer to play the game with physical dice for a more traditional experience.
4. What happens if two players win the same number of rounds?
In the event of a tie, the tied players continue playing until one player wins a round and breaks the tie.
5. Are there any variations of 7-11-Doubles?
Yes, there are many variations of 7-11-Doubles, including different scoring systems and rules for rolling certain combinations. It’s always a good idea to clarify the rules before starting a game to avoid confusion.
7-11-Doubles is a fun and fast-paced dice game that can be enjoyed by players of all ages andskill levels. By understanding the rules and using the right strategies, you can improve your chances of winning and have a great time with your friends and family.